Why are Buddha Status wrong? I'm not talking about worshipping them, I'm talking about having them.

Can someone please provide a quote from a Sutra (preferable a mahayana sutra) or the Gosho that says they are wrong?

We have statues of Gandhi at SUA at at SUJ there are many statues including, if I'm not wrong, one of either Toda or Makiguchi (NO?) I'm sure after President Ikeda passes away many people will want to put up statues of President Ikeda.

Personally I don't care for statues and I don't have one nor want one. .

Views: 91

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for that reply Dan! I totally agree with you. There is so much focus on the statues and its not about that. If you receive a Gohonzon, practice etc...there is an element of common sense there that is attached. We have to give more confidence and credit to the members that they are aware of what they are doing and trust them. To assume and slander, like I posted before is wrong. If we start nitpicking on the statues, this may take on a life of it own and spread to complaining about other parts of the practice that the members are doing wrong. We correct and move on. Trust in your my practice and your relationship to the Gohonzon and you can never go wrong.
The End Good night everybody ZZZZZZ
Thank You Everyone!! This was a great discussion and I "learned" alot from it!! I hope they continue to be this informative and of this "tone".

Peace,
Jenn :-)

RSS

Latest Activity

Noriyo A. Sekiyama added 3 discussions to the group "To My Friends"--daily guidance based on Pres. Ikeda's recent guidance
yesterday
Toshizo Saejima left a comment for Rhonda Youngblood
"Welcome aboard, Rhonda!"
Friday
Rhonda Youngblood is now a member of SGI Buddhism (.net)
Friday
Noriyo A. Sekiyama added 4 discussions to the group "To My Friends"--daily guidance based on Pres. Ikeda's recent guidance
Thursday
Noriyo A. Sekiyama added a discussion to the group "To My Friends"--daily guidance based on Pres. Ikeda's recent guidance
Thumbnail

TMF SUN 3 DEC 2017--Let's complete the year engaging in dialogue and fulfilling our personal vow!

December 3, 2017 --TO MY FRIENDS-- As we complete the year,   let's continue engage in dialogue  …See More
Dec 2
Noriyo A. Sekiyama added 3 discussions to the group "To My Friends"--daily guidance based on Pres. Ikeda's recent guidance
Dec 1
Noriyo A. Sekiyama added 2 discussions to the group "To My Friends"--daily guidance based on Pres. Ikeda's recent guidance
Nov 29
Jaime Looger left a comment for Jamie
"Hey Jamie, Its Jaime Brandon Looger from Austin. I am Nisha and Lindsey's friend. I lost your…"
Nov 28

SGI Buddhism is a community created by members of SGI. SGI Buddhism is not an official site of SGI.

SGIBuddhism.net Admin

If you have questions or need to report site issues please contact me through one of these social networks.

LinkedIn / Goodreads / G+ / Instagram / Facebook / Homeless

Thanks
Chris Tinney 
SGI Profile

© 2017   Created by Chris Tinney.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service