31st July,

THE benefits that are obtained through struggling for kosen-rufu are enormous. Worldly happiness is fleeting. However, the good fortune one acquires by taking action for the sake of Buddhism is eternal. I hope you will all advance with deep pride and confidence.

WHEN one gazes into the chasm between life and death, status, fame and wealth count for absolutely nothing. All that remains is one’s bare self stripped of all external adornment. Only through Buddhism can we arrange our lives on this essential level.

BECAUSE we have decided to embrace faith in the Daishonin’s Buddhism, we must always move forward. And if we are going to move forward, it is much more enjoyable if we do so with pride and confidence. It is better to live with firm determination than to spend one’s life filled with fear and insecurity.

BIRDS, for example, have their own language, their own speech. People do not understand it, but other birds do. In the same way, the language of gongyo and chanting daimoku reaches the Gohonzon and the realism of the Buddhas and bodhisattvas of the three existences and the ten directions. We might call it the language of the realms of the Buddhas and bodhisattvas. That is why the voice of gongyo and daimoku are directed to the Gohonzon, whether we understand it or not, reaches all the Buddhas, bodhisattvas and heavenly deities.

BE a man of right, never of might.
Be a leader of the people, never the tool of authority.
Be the friend of the masses, never the slave of wealth.
Be a wise man of good, never a cunning evil one.

每日指導
7月 31日

面臨生死關頭時,地位、虛榮、財產毫無用處,只剩下赤裸裸的自己。佛法能改變生命,讓其更充實。

國際創價學會會長池田大作

Views: 33

Latest Activity

Noriyo A. Sekiyama added a discussion to the group "To My Friends"--daily guidance based on Pres. Ikeda's recent guidance
Thumbnail

TMF FRI 24 NOV 2017--Let's foster others to become more capable than ourselves

November 24, 2017 --TO MY FRIENDS-- Let's foster our juniors and   new members into individuals  …See More
yesterday
Noriyo A. Sekiyama added 2 discussions to the group "To My Friends"--daily guidance based on Pres. Ikeda's recent guidance
Wednesday
DAVID MORGAN shared EC LIM's blog post on Facebook
Tuesday
Noriyo A. Sekiyama added 2 discussions to the group "To My Friends"--daily guidance based on Pres. Ikeda's recent guidance
Monday
Valerie Boakye updated their profile
Sunday
Noriyo A. Sekiyama added 4 discussions to the group "To My Friends"--daily guidance based on Pres. Ikeda's recent guidance
Nov 18
Toshizo Saejima left a comment for Katie Stewart
"Welcome aboard, Katie!"
Nov 17
Katie Stewart is now a member of SGI Buddhism (.net)
Nov 17

SGI Buddhism is a community created by members of SGI. SGI Buddhism is not an official site of SGI.

SGIBuddhism.net Admin

If you have questions or need to report site issues please contact me through one of these social networks.

LinkedIn / Goodreads / G+ / Instagram / Facebook / Homeless

Thanks
Chris Tinney 
SGI Profile

© 2017   Created by Chris Tinney.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service