ABCs of Nichiren Buddhism (101)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Buddhist Wedding

Hi Guys,   Hope you are all doing great and shinning!   I wonder if anyone senior in faith, could explain the meaning of Buddhist wedding…

Started by Linda Naranjo

3 Jul 17, 2012
Reply by Paul Wersant

Karma by Dr. Alex Lickerman

Explanation of Karma by Alex Lickerman: printable Psychology Today article Few concepts are as misunderstood or difficult to define as th…

Started by Dan

19 May 4, 2012
Reply by Sheetal Monga

Suffering is a Four Letter Word....

I'm going to be giving this presentation at our Golden Stage meeting on September 25th.  Since there is still time to edit it, I'm open t…

Started by Bob Mann

7 Apr 21, 2012
Reply by shruti sadanand narvekar

....The Ceremony in the Air....

I posted a Blog about Unseen Vitrue - Visible Reward.  I then tried to add some comments that were evidently to long and it didn't get post…

Started by Bob Mann

1 Mar 20, 2012
Reply by Leigh

On the Formality of Gongyo, by Daisaku Ikeda

Sharing an old old guidance but still valid (I think):   ON THE FORMALITY OF GONGYO The following is excerpted from Selected Speeches —On t…

Started by Dan

17 Mar 12, 2012
Reply by Daeren Hong Chung Jern

The Gohonzon - Oct 12, 1279

The Gohonzon The object of devotion in Nichiren Buddhism, called the Gohonzon, takes the form of a scroll inscribed with Chinese and Sanskr…

Started by Dan

5 Feb 24, 2012
Reply by Ricky B

Attitude is Everything

Attitude is Everything. by Robert "Skip" Williams. There is a direct correlation between our attitude and our results. The inner workings…

Started by Frankie T

3 Feb 19, 2012
Reply by Marga

The Aspiration for Enlightenment

It's my hope that everyone will read this from beginning to end. Please discuss any point that comes to mind. Utilize it as you see fit. Sh…

Started by Bob Mann

20 Dec 31, 2011
Reply by dwightsan

How & Why to Find a Mentor - blog by Alex Lickerman

How And Why To Find A Mentor Posted By Alex Lickerman On December 4, 2011 @ 5:00 pm In Personal Development | 12 Comments In Nichiren Bud…

Started by Dan

0 Dec 20, 2011

Desires & Enlightenment

SGI Org Concepts article link "The teachings of Nichiren stress the transformation, rather than the elimination, of desire. Desires and att…

Started by Dan

1 Dec 15, 2011
Reply by Deb Lang

RSS

Latest Activity

Toshizo Saejima left a comment for Nakin K
"Welcome aboard, Nakin!"
12 minutes ago
Nakin K is now a member of SGI Buddhism (.net)
12 minutes ago
Nakin K liked Chris Tinney's profile
2 hours ago
Ughosh joined Frankie T's group
Thumbnail

Guidance Today - Daisaku Ikeda

What people need most now is spiritual strength and a life philosophy that will further enrich…See More
Thursday
Ughosh left a comment for Toshizo Saejima
"Thank you Toshizo"
Thursday
Ughosh liked Ughosh's profile
Thursday
Toshizo Saejima left a comment for Kathleen Prestwood
"Welcome aboard, Kathleen!"
Wednesday
Profile IconKathleen Prestwood and Aisha joined SGI Buddhism (.net)
Wednesday

SGI Buddhism is a community created by members of SGI. SGI Buddhism is not an official site of SGI.

SGIBuddhism.net Admin

If you have questions or need to report site issues please contact me through one of these social networks.

LinkedIn / Instagram
Facebook / Help the Homeless

Thanks
Chris Tinney 
SGI Profile

Sponsors: Purium Brand PartnerHempworx Distributor, Young Living Essential Oils, Las Vegas BarterSpreadPeace.org network marketing,

© 2021   Created by Chris Tinney.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service