I have been a serious SGI member for about three years. In that time I feel like I have established a strong "routine" practice of twice daily Gongyo and attending SGI activities especially in my district. I am working with a few potential new members who are giving Daimoku a try. I study the Gosho, the Sutra, and many books. I feel like in the 3 years I have been really chanting, I have become a member in full. In and of its self, for a person whose life condition was as bad as mine, that was nothing short of astounding. Even to me. But now that I'm here: where to go?

So I thought a discussion about people's Human Revolutions might be nice. Have other members felt this in their practice? And how did you proceed? Are there any really new members feeling a bit overwhelmed like I very often do?

Here's what I feel at the moment.

Armed with a strong practice an a higher life condition, I embark on phase two. Human Revolution. Im so excited that sometimes I feel giddy. The reality of it though is daunting. I think about the familiar proverb that a bluefly clinging to the tail of a thoroughbred can travel 10,000 miles. And that a journey of 10,000 miles begins with a single step. Whew. I have an amazing thoroughbred that is Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. I'll get there.

Views: 30

Reply to This

Latest Activity

Diana Carrington left a comment for Beth Tucker
"Hi Beth, sorry that wasn’t me. Diana"
Saturday
Beth Tucker left a comment for Diana Carrington
"Hello hello. I see to remember you from FNCC LGBT conference years ago. How are you?"
Saturday
Diana Carrington and Beth Tucker are now friends
Friday
doug liked Gordon's profile
Aug 4
Beth Tucker left a comment for Patricia Quiroz
"Hi Patricia, I am a 20 year member from Philadelphia. Lived in Phoenix. Now living in Mexico for…"
Aug 4
Patricia Quiroz left a comment for Beth Tucker
"Welcome to the group. Let's work on reviving it!"
Aug 4
Patricia Quiroz commented on Sean's group GLBT Openly Out SGI Group
"Greetings from the Washington, DC Metro area.  "
Aug 4
William Deike commented on Sean's group GLBT Openly Out SGI Group
"I have some sad news. My best friend and fellow Buddhist, Craig Betts, who was a chapter leader in…"
Aug 4

SGI Buddhism is a community created by members of SGI. SGI Buddhism is not an official site of SGI.

SGIBuddhism.net Admin

If you have questions or need to report site issues please contact me through one of these social networks.

LinkedIn / Instagram
Facebook / Help the Homeless

Thanks
Chris Tinney 
SGI Profile

Sponsors: Purium Brand PartnerHempworx Distributor, Young Living Essential Oils, Las Vegas BarterSpreadPeace.org network marketing,

© 2022   Created by Chris Tinney.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service