in the orchid room and have
  become as straight as mugwort
 growing among hemp.”(*)
Our organization is a gathering of
  "good friends."
Let's find a good senior in faith with
  whom we can discuss any problems
  we are facing.

(*)"On Establishing the Correct Teaching for the Peace of the Land," WND-1, 23)
 "A friend in the orchid room" indicates a person of virtue. The implication is that the company of a virtuous person works as a good influence, just as one is imbued with fragrance on entering a room filled with orchids. It is said that mugwort supported by hemp plants grows upright.

Tentative translation of "To My Friends" published in the Seikyo Shimbun, based on President Ikeda's recent guidance.
(write tmf_daily[at]gmail.com for daily mailings)

--わが友に贈る--
「蘭室の友に交わりて
麻畝の性と成る」
学会は善知識の集いだ。
どんな悩みも相談できる
信心の先輩をつくろう!
[御書p31]

--WAGA TOMO NI OKURU--
"RANSHITSU NO TOMO NI MAJIWARI TE
  MAHO NO SHO TO NARU"
GAKKAI WA ZENCHISHIKI NO TSUDOI DA.
DONNA NAYAMI MO SODAN DEKIRU
  SHINJIN NO SENPAI O TSUKURO!

Views: 1

Latest Activity

N. A. Sekiyama added 2 discussions to the group "To My Friends"--daily guidance based on Pres. Ikeda's recent guidance
16 hours ago
N. A. Sekiyama added 5 discussions to the group "To My Friends"--daily guidance based on Pres. Ikeda's recent guidance
Monday
N. A. Sekiyama added 2 discussions to the group "To My Friends"--daily guidance based on Pres. Ikeda's recent guidance
Oct 10
N. A. Sekiyama added 5 discussions to the group "To My Friends"--daily guidance based on Pres. Ikeda's recent guidance
Oct 9
N. A. Sekiyama added 3 discussions to the group "To My Friends"--daily guidance based on Pres. Ikeda's recent guidance
Oct 4
Oct 1
Toshizo Saejima left a comment for Hope Dade
"Welcome aboard, Hope!"
Sep 29
Hope Dade is now a member of SGI Buddhism (.net)
Sep 29

SGI Buddhism is a community created by members of SGI. SGI Buddhism is not an official site of SGI.

SGIBuddhism.net Admin

If you have questions or need to report site issues please contact me through one of these social networks.

LinkedIn / Instagram
Facebook / Help the Homeless

Thanks
Chris Tinney 
SGI Profile

Sponsors: Purium Brand PartnerHempworx Distributor, Influencers, Young Living Essential Oils, network marketing, SpreadPeace.org

© 2019   Created by Chris Tinney.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service