Hi Everyone :)

Enjoy!

Past Life Astrology
Explore the significance of your past lives through your South Node
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by Emily Trinkaus

One of the best astrological indicators of past-life experience and karma is the South Node of the Moon. The sign of the South Node in your birth chart reveals the gifts and talents you developed in previous incarnations, as well as psychological patterns and habits that you have carried over from past lives.

The South Node is always exactly opposite the North Node, which represents where you are going, your evolutionary path and the qualities that you are learning to embrace in this lifetime. The sign of the North Node is new for you on a soul level, so it always feels alien and challenging, requiring a leap of faith to move in that direction and leave behind what feels comfortable (the South Node).

Explore Your Past Lives
Transform your life now with a journey into the past
The Edgar Cayce Past Life report reveals who you were, and how these past lives can influence your present and future. Start My Report ».
Gifts and Challenges
The sign of the South Node represents an energy that you have mastered and possibly overdone, so that it no longer works for you. You can think of the South Node as your path of least resistance, the ruts you get caught in, or your "default programming." When the going gets tough, you tend to fall back into South Node patterns -- even though you are often aware these "ways of being" no longer serve you.

The South Node teaches that what feels comfortable and easy doesn't always work best. However, while you do want to break through old habits and embrace the new, you don't want to entirely reject or leave behind your South Node. After all, it also represents past-life gifts and talents that you can put to use in this lifetime.

Often, it's not so much about completely letting go of what the South Node represents as much as reversing the priority you give to the nodes. That is, taking the risk of leading with your North Node rather than falling into habitual patterns and leading with the South Node.

The South Node and You
Even without knowing the sign of your South Node, you are probably already aware of the habits, patterns and addictions that cause you to feel stuck or blocked. You may intuitively sense your path of karmic destiny, but fear and old programming can hold you back from moving in this direction.

Astrological insight can help you identify the deep past-life roots of these issues, how to break these patterns and how to apply your experience from previous incarnations in a positive way. The nodes of the Moon, when identified and understood, provide a window into your past and open the door to your future. To illustrate, let's look at how the nodes have played out in a prominent person's life.

Past Life Astrology: Continued
Oprah Winfrey’s Karmic Success
With the South Node in Cancer, Oprah has extensive past-life experience developing strong connections to family, ancestors, home, the past and the inner realm of feelings. In past lives, her survival depended on being tuned into and nurturing the people around her, and she therefore developed a high degree of emotional intuition and sensitivity.

The default programming for a Cancer South Node is to sacrifice personal goals and worldly power for the sake of taking care of family members or significant others. This nodal position is associated with co-dependence -- being so sensitive to others' feelings that it's easy to get lost in them and lose sight of one's own mission and desires. Oprah has spoken honestly about this tendency in her earlier life, confessing to addictive behaviors in romantic relationships, which led to decisions that compromised her integrity and held her back.

How's Your Karma?
Find out with a personalized Karma Astrology report! Gain insight into your past and break free from the habits and attitudes that no longer serve you.
Start My Report »
If Oprah had stayed with past-life patterns, she would have never been able to achieve her phenomenal success. However, by applying the Capricorn North Node traits of self-discipline, perseverance, hard work and sharp focus, she was able to let go of old co-dependent habits and fulfill her destiny.

Oprah has fully embraced her Capricorn North Node -- pursuing her individual goals to achieve worldly success -- while utilizing the gifts of her Cancer South Node -- compassion, sensitivity and femininity. Willing to share intimate details about her personal life -- her struggles with weight, relationships and her past -- she has brought the inner realm of emotions (Cancer) into the public (Capricorn). Because Oprah committed to and pursued her worldly goals as her top priority, she has been able to support, nurture and inspire others to a much greater extent than if she had focused that energy only on people in her immediate environment.

About the Author
Emily Trinkaus is a lifelong student of Astrology and has practiced professionally since 1999. She lives in Portland, Oregon with two magical felines. See virgomagic.com for information about readings and events.

Views: 36

Replies to This Discussion

Emily -

You are SO CORRECT about the nodes. I was a hardened skeptic about astrology when I was a kid, until my step-mother introduced me to real astrology when I was 16. I have been practicing astrology ever since and I am now 39.

My south node is 25 degrees Virgo and my north therefore is 25 Pisces. I am getting away from the analytical and more into the feeling. It is so true what you said. I started my life as a computer programmer and am now in naturopathic medical school.

Thank you for writing your missive. There are so many people who need to know about this.

Craig
Hi Craig, This is an excerpt from the author Emily Trinkaus South Node Theory. I too was fascinated with the South Nodes which is why I also posted this piece in here.

There is also a website above posted if you want to learn more about the author.

Talk to you soon,

Marcy

RSS

Latest Activity

Fabio Martinelli liked Daniela's profile
Sunday
Fabio Martinelli posted a status
"Hello everyone, it's been ages since I was here and I am very happy to see this wonderful site is still up. Feel free to connect to chat."
Sunday
Toshizo Saejima left a comment for G. JERRY STUCKEY
"Welcome aboard, Jerry!"
Sunday
G. JERRY STUCKEY is now a member of SGI Buddhism (.net)
Sunday
Toshizo Saejima left a comment for Pedro C
"Welcome aboard, Pedro!"
Sep 18
Pedro C is now a member of SGI Buddhism (.net)
Sep 18
Elizabeth Cullen left a comment for Elizabeth Cullen
"Thank you"
Sep 10
Toshizo Saejima left a comment for Elizabeth Cullen
"Welcome aboard, Elizabeth!"
Sep 10

SGI Buddhism is a community created by members of SGI. SGI Buddhism is not an official site of SGI.

SGIBuddhism.net Admin

If you have questions or need to report site issues please contact me through one of these social networks.

LinkedIn / Instagram
Facebook / Help the Homeless

Thanks
Chris Tinney 
SGI Profile

Sponsors: Purium Brand PartnerHempworx Distributor, Young Living Essential Oils, Las Vegas BarterSpreadPeace.org network marketing,

© 2022   Created by Chris Tinney.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service